Yuna woke up from the bed, which was still made for some reason. After a few sparkles verging on copyright infringement of a Sailormoon transformation, she changed into her normal—well, normal for her—okay, not normal for her, but normal for X-2—outfit and then she realized something was wrong.

In fact three things were wrong: the window was broken, Seymour was gone, and Rikku and Paine were just standing there. Admittedly, Rikku and Paine just standing there was in truth nothing short of ordinary, but it didn’t explain why they were so nonchalant about the window and Seymour.

"What’d he do?" Yuna asked.

"Apparently when you use a bed to restore everyone’s HP and MP, it restores everyone’s HP and MP," Rikku said.

"Huh?" Yuna asked.

"It restored Seymour and he took off out the window."

"He left?"

"No, he’s debating on whether to slit his wrists or eat the glass," Paine said, looking out the broken window."

"Oh, that’s fine," Yuna said. "Let’s go get him and see if he can open a secret or something. Man, it’s bored without a plot. What did I do before all this?"

"You were training to receive Aeons so you could restore calm to a world constantly devastated by a giant monster whose hobbies including making people miserable and ruining lives," Paine said.

"Oh, right. I guess I wasn’t as pathetic as I thought."

"But now we’re looking for spheres of your boyfriend," Rikku said.

"Okay, stop it," Yuna said. "Technically in a Final Fantasy I should be doing the sphere hunting first, then I should move up to doing something altruistic and worthwhile."

"Does that mean I get your spheres?" Paine asked.

"That’s it! We’re getting a plot! It’s not even going to be NOON on this whole damn time-zone-less world until I find a stupid plot. I don’t care if it takes a month, I’m getting a damn plot TODAY!"

Rikku’s had exploded.

"Goddamnit!" Yuna said, tossing a phoenix down on her.

"Yuna, this’ll take about five minutes, he shoved the glass into his neck."

"Well, tell him to quit playing around when he comes back."

Back